View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 02:10 PM   #5
SSDA Hemi

Liked 428 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

I sure hope so Mike. Waiting on pistons right now. Unbelievable delays with part supplies but all going according to plan otherwise. Sure wish I could put a rack in the corvette as the steering linkage hugs the ground and the pan.

That is sort of my point here. If I am worried about parts exiting the pan and taking out the steering linkage I have bigger issues than a rule change to a rack and pinion. I see the rule change as Hp - losing center link through the pan, Better header clearance on drivers side and once one of the top guys do it, they all need to. Rack and pinion at chassis shop $, New stainless headers on drivers side $$, new oil pan $. Have fun without me and see you in the eliminator!

Maybe I'm old school but I like to keep the stock in Super Stock. The way the factory built them and adhere to the rules in the rulebook. I don't intervene on these Stock threads as I don't race a stocker but makes me sick to see the bending of the rules and that our models for class racing are unsustainable. How many kids that ARE interested in Stock and SS can afford to build a competitive car aside from an obscure combination avoiding a heads up. Good luck as our classes are dying off faster than replacements are coming in.... Rant over and see you guys in '23. Shoot-out vette and Eliminator SS/AH car lol!