View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 03:31 PM   #29
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Racer Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Racer Spotlight

Let's travel to Jacksonville, NC this week & focus on Mr. Doyle Evans. He is 63 years young & has been racing for 40 of those years. His racecar is a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro powered by a SBC 350 CI built by Warren Engines in Clinton, NC. His sponsor is Doyle Evans Realty which obviously is his personal business & also a sponsor of CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association. Doyle would like to give "Special Thanks" to his crew chief & other driver (when the car gets ready), Mr. Don Sweeting. He states that his most memorable win was a race win at Coastal Plains Raceway Park Dragway in his own hometown, Jacksonville, NC. A runner-up finish in Super Stock at the "Little Guy Nationals" in Suffolk, VA is on the top of his accomplishments list. This list also includes being a former record holder in both SS/HA & SS/DM. That nasty red 🔴 light in the semi-finals (that all competitors hate) at Darlington Dragway tops the charts for his most epic fail. His opponent was Mr. Auston Pusey which just happened to be broke at the time. Here is the funniest story that I've read so far this year from all of our racers!!!! Doyle once hit a "rent a john" at Rockingham Dragway while it was occupied. I need more details on this story from Doyle this weekend!!! Doyle stays pretty busy within his real estate business but will find time to come racing in the CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association & some local NHRA Southeast Division 2 races.

Doyle is quite a character & you will always find him laughing & joking about something. He typically stays in his own pit area but doesn't mind getting out to mingle with his fellow races. Me personally, Doyle Evans is a fine man & always up to help anyone. I'm sure Doyle & Don will be at GALOT Motorsports Park this weekend for the NHRA Southeast Division 2 race but not sure which will be occupying the driver seat & which will be operating the 4-wheeler. Hopefully we can get both drivers back in the seat for the final CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association race at Coastal Plains Raceway Park Dragway in November.

With 2 months still idle for the CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association, there is plenty of races coming up for our racers. We plan to attend as many of those as possible to cheer our racers on! The NHRA Southeast Division 2 comes into GALOT Motorsports Park this weekend for their next to last division race of the 2022 season. There is also a NHRA national event at Maple Grove Raceway this weekend. Coming up next weekend is the NHRA national event at zMAX DRAGWAY, & then to round out the month is the NHRA Northeast Division race at Virginia Motorsports Park. Hope to see y'all at the track this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	de1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	64795   Click image for larger version

Name:	de2.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	64796  
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked