View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 06:16 PM   #105
4284spd
VIP Member

Liked 4,016 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: more news from NHRA

Another 2 things I think kills motorsports more than anything are the costs & youth. I grew up in the late 80's and early 90's. My HS was filled with old 60's-early 70's cars. Most males had really cool cars. Late 90's price started getting stupid again and these turned into collectors cars, even a 71 Malibu that's in good condition is out of reach for kids now. Youth couldn't afford no more so interests went else where. I finished my must in 2004 and spent every dime I had. 3 yrs later had kids so I haven't spent a dime since. Prices have almost doubled since.
NHRA's worst mistake has always been to rely on the Sportsman racers & ticket sales. They ignored how youth was no longer paying attention like 30 yrs ago. Instead of doing anything proactive to adjust the ways of the future, they just kept sticking it to the racers thinking you would always be there since they are the great NHRA. The prices just to go to a National event is stupid. I like most on here have no Pro interest. I can go to a 3 day Div race for the price of a 1 day pass at a National.
NHRA only pays attention to what lines there pockets with no look ahead to what their supporters go thru supporting them.