View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 12:31 PM   #5
HankN

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Hemi piston pop-up

Tom,

This car had a Hemi in it on early 70’s in California and I raced it with a Hemi since 2009.
It was former raced with a 440+6 for many years in Div 6, but I it converted the car into a Hemi combo, and a engine I had for my former car - and had Don Little get me the combo
The car was at PMR to get new Lambs, new cage and headers done etc 2008.
I has went 9.84 at 434 HP in A/SA with steel heads before in Sweden, and it has not seen any super weather or best lambda.
I has not raced since season 2015 and waited on see what rules went and get the new block and roller rockers update.
As I sold the my old MP block I got into a issue some years now, but I had no hurry back racing on the other side.

I has good rods from Crowers so I can go rather tight in piston to head clearance.
Deck is now at OEM specs and I will use my old combo in crank, rods cam, headers etc.
But it will be a new solid steel cam since I like remove the Schubecks.
I will also use Total Seal 0.7 mm rings, coat the skirts and the legal 7Q oil pan ( I fixed ) and Manton pushrods.

Over to thread.
I will use a legal piston so dome is what it came from CP.
Reason I ask as I said now it will be aluminium heads and I like to use the Cometics.
A guy from Texas totally killed the steel head combo 2 years ago now.

The Cometics is thicker than the MP steel gaskets that are in the specs 0.018".
If the rule say I can’t has the piston pop-up more than 0.536” above deck I will lose compression by use another thicker gaskets.

But if allowed to has a thicker gasket, I can deck block more.

-But is it legal, that's the question.

Last edited by HankN; 11-01-2019 at 02:56 PM.
HankN is offline   Reply With Quote