View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 04:26 PM   #7
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Crew Chief Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Crew Chief Spotlight

Mr. Jimmie Flynt "Mr. Flintstone himself", from Sandy Ridge, NC gets our total focus this week. Mr. Jimmie is 77 years young & can still be found at dragstrips up & down the East Coast supporting & crewing for grandson, Josh. Josh took over the driving duties years ago from Grandpa in the black Chevy II but not before Grandpa taught him everything he knows about racing! Prior to driving the "big car", Mr. Jimmie was also crew chief to Josh in his junior drag racing years. Mr. Jimmie started racing at the young age of 16 at East Bend Dragway. He states that he has been Crew Chief for Josh for 10 years but I think it's a tad bit longer than that. His most memorable win with Josh behind the wheel came just a few years ago when Josh won the CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association race at Farmington Dragway. If my memory serves me correctly, Josh picked up the Eagle trophy when he turned his tech card in that morning & said today was his day to get this trophy to add to his collection. Mr. Jimmie claims zMAX DRAGWAY as his favorite track & Josh will be racing there in just a few short weeks when the 4 Wide Nationals come to zMAX DRAGWAY. This will be their first national event for the 2023 season. We got a little laugh out of Mr. Jimmie when asked what his duties were as a crew chief. He simply replied "everything but drive" 😉! He says that his least favorite job as the crew chief is putting up with his driver! Sounds like there is always lots of fun to be had in The Flintstone pits! Mr. Jimmie says that Josh's biggest complaint as the driver is having to be the first one up in the staging lanes. Honestly we wouldn't know how to act if that Black Chevy II wasn't one of the first ones in line. That is typically a sign that it's time to go racing boys & girls!!! Mr. Jimmie chose not to give us a funny story involving racing, he just said "too many to count".

Mr. Jimmie & Mrs. Anne are two of the FINEST people you will find at the race track. Me personally, I look forward to receiving a hug from Mrs. Anne each time I see her! Mr. Jimmie is always willing to help fellow racers get back on track & if he doesn't have it in his trailer, chances are it wasn't meant to be fixed at the track. Mr. Jimmie, Mrs. Anne, & Josh are devoted to running a full season of CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association points in 2023 & we can't wait to see how it all plays out. You will also find them racing with the Classic Gear Jammers. Although CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association has off until the first of June, like I mentioned above, you will be able to see Jimmie & Josh competing at zMAX DRAGWAY the end of this month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jf1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	66662  
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked