View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 12:32 PM   #3
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 656 Times in 214 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Crew Chief Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Crew Chief Spotlight

This week takes us to Lexington, NC; home of Mrs. Jamie Troutman Truell. Mrs. Jamie is 54 years young & is the back-bone behind her husband Lee Truell. This is another example of a husband/wife team & Jamie does her part keeping Lee straight. She has been crewing for Lee for about 7 years now & the plans aren't to slow down anytime in the near future. Her most memorable win is Lee's win at Coastal Plains Raceway Park Dragway in 2021. Her favorite track is also GALOT Motorsports Park. She lists a few of her duties as dusting off the car & being the "Burn Out Girl". Like most of us, her least favorite duties of being crew chief is the heat. Jamie states that Lee's biggest complaint for her crew chief duties is "I don't do enough". 🤔 Once this gets out, Lee might be in the doghouse & Jamie might be open for another crew chief position! Lee I hope you have running water & heat/AC in the doghouse! 🙂 A funny story involving racing between Lee & Jamie was once they were at the gate to get into the track. Lee forgot his competition number & got an attitude with the lady at the gate because she couldn't find his tech card. He proceeded to say "well I'm Lee Truell & I'm leading the points so I know it's in there". Jamie, I need more details about this story!

I hope Lee & Jamie have their hot rod ready for our first race at Coastal Plains Raceway Park Dragway in 2 short weeks. Be sure to tell Jamie she is doing a fine job! The countdown is on to see all of our CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association racers very soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jtt1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	66180  
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked