View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #58
Bryan Worner

Liked 410 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: NHRA 2020 Rule Amendment SS Intakes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Bryon Worner, I believe that you run a SB Chevy, correct? An engine which probably has a wider selection of available race style intake manifolds than all the other engines that can run in Super Stock combined. In your opinion, do you think that it is "fair" that a SBC can choose from 30 or more intake manifolds, but a less popular engine should be restricted to 5000 RPM "RV" style dual plane intakes, if that is all that is commercially available? Frankly, if a 100 % hand fabricated sheet aluminum intake is legal in S/S, under the "any intake manifold allowed" , I really can not see why one should not be allowed to do whatever modifications are required to make any intake fit any cylinder head, provided it all fits under the hood.
Yes. I do think it’s fair! Nobody forces anybody, first to race super stock, second, to race any particular make or model car. So, you should do some research on what all you would need to make your combination run, within the rules, which are obviously changing.
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked