View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #15
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Default Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

Harry, I'm glad that Paul's going to haul to SLC, to run this Nitro Jam event, and here's two reasons I feel he's going to do it:

1. The enhancements that NHRA graced us with included lowering our indexes .30 sec. IHRA (on the other hand), has left the indexes alone (as well as the classes, thus no running heads up with DP's and CJ's).

2. By supporting IHRA, we're letting NHRA know that we embrace competition out west, which may (eventually) get them to share the cost of racing with the pros, instead of sticking it to us sportsman racers all of the time (for the pros benefit).

Therefore, Paul's car (just like mine), will be more competitive against the indexes. Heck, I'll be hauling nearly that same distance (he's going to be), next week my darn self...I had made plans last year to move away from Az. to either D6 or back to D5. However, with the Tucson track embracing IHRA, and Salt Lakes offering for this race, I'm feeling good that we in the west coast, will now have more options for our racing dollars. Where you race is occasionally more important than how often you race....
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote