View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #178
denbreeden

Liked 77 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: Dumbo The Flying Elephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
It's amazing how a good night sleep changes a persons outlook on a problem that was so large yesterday. Me using poor judgement almost ruined the threads in the aluminum block where the trans mounts. The fix was remove casting flashing from the trans. Smooth the depressions for the bolts in trans bellhousing. Remove steel bushings and give them .015'' more radial clearance. Slot the shield to move bushing to the centerline of the bolt hole. Enlarging the hole in the shield wont work because the bushing will fall out during installation. The shield floats on the bushings. Straighten the damaged threads in the block. Clean threaded holes, examine bolts for burs and damage threads, repair if necessary, antiseaze, and test fit. Install trans and install bolts with fingers at least four turns in, to verify bolts are not cross threaded. What could be more simple than that?

Does anyone make a locking dip stick that bolts up to a 727 with a shield installed, that does not require modification?

Play time is over back to work!
I think mine is a Lokar, flexible braided line for the tube. I'll try and send a picture of mine.

Dennis Breeden
denbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote