View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #26
jmantle

Liked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: Misconception on a slow stocker winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I think that people like Dwight, Mark and myself have come up with more than enough "Dime Rockets" over the years that can and have "beat up on the **100k and over stocker with a **5k car".
I'm calling on YOU and a lot of other lurkers that read these threads to pick up the task and do something with it. I love talking about these cars but really don't like the fact that most of the time I'm just wasting my hunt and peck finger.
So when you're not reading these threads or playing with your bracket car (also a "dime rocket" I'm sure) just what is more important than doing a "Dime Rocket" Stocker? Eating is way over-rated and you can always live in the car. Sell your bracket car, give your belly button lint collection to your little brother and do a real car. When you get right down to it a lower classed Stocker is a great bracket car (and sometimes less expensive) anyway.
so Claude, what are you doing after lunch?
x2

I put my car together for less than 5K initially. It has been #1 qualifier and if the wind doesn't blow too hard and the humidity doesn't change drastically, it's fairly consistant. It might not be as exciting as my 8 second bracket car was but it's more fun.

Jim Mantle U/V/SA 6632
jmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked