View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 11:40 AM   #6
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Crew Chief Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Crew Chief Spotlight

We're going to stop in at Broadway, NC on our way in from Wytheville, VA last week. Broadway is home to Mrs. Sheila Sloan, head crew chief of husband Tim Sloan & daughter Hillarey Sloan Marshall. Sheila is 67 years young & has been involved in racing since she started dating Tim in 1973 (50 years). They owned a race track & Tim raced. She has been crew chief for Tim for 49 years now & I don't think they intend on slowing down anytime in the near future. Her most memorable win with Tim was his 1982 IHRA Spring Nationals win at historic Rockingham Dragway. I think a lot of us missed out on the "good ole days" of racing & that's probably why this win is Mrs. Sheila's most memorable win with Tim. She like lots of other CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association crew chiefs says her favorite track is GALOT Motorsports Park. She is versatile at her crew chief duties as she is there for whatever they might need of her but her main duty is getting both Tim & Hillary in the water box. She states that her least favorite part of the crew chief position is the heat during the hot summer days & the long rides home after losing out at any given event. Sheila states that Tim doesn't have any complaints about her being his crew chief because "he doesn't want to lose his helper". I'd say she is pretty secure in her crew chief role!!! 🙂 A funny racing story that she wants to share is having to climb in the motorhome window after getting locked out & everyone thinking they had "pot" on the golf cart. I'm not sure if these two go hand & hand but I'm sure if we ask Mrs. Sheila, she would clarify.

Mrs. Sheila & The Sloan/Marshall team was at Coastal Plains Raceway Park Dragway this past weekend for what was supposed to have been our first event of the 2023 season but unfortunately the weatherman didn't predict the weather correctly & a pop-up shower out of nowhere ended our day on Saturday & a very drastic change of forecast for Sunday deemed reason to cancel the entire event & reschedule for June 24-25. We hope that they will be back for this event in June. See everyone at the track very soon!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	66627  
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked