Thread: C-11
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 04:19 PM   #15
Jackie McCracken

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: C-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
Yep, last year, identical. VP took back 30 gallon from me and replaced it. I was told by Pete(at fuel check in div 3) that C-11 is a problem in hot muggy weather. I'm switching to 12 . Not worth the hassle

I used to do fuel check and never had any problems with C11 that I can remember but not many people run it so it's hard to say if there's a pattern. I will say this, of all the fuels I tested I had the most problems with C12 but everybody and his brother runs it and I'm sure that a lot of it is not properly cared for. The best of all the fuels was C25 but when you consider that's what the Pro's and most of Comp run it ought to be.

Some tips for the fuel check categories: Keep you fuel in a cool dark place in air tight containers, avoid plastic because it's porous and "breathes". Something a lot of people get wanged for is switching fuels and not completely flushing the system before they pull a sample for fuel check. Residual fuel can contaminate your system, and never put "preservatives" in your fuel or use WD40 anywhere near your fuel or fuel system.

some anecdotes: for grins I once took a fuel cup of "perfect" C25 and left it sit on the table checking it every15 minutes or so, it was marginal after 30 minutes and failed after 60.. ponder that....

And last but not least, if you EVER put unleaded fuel in your system, it takes a LONG TIME for it to go away and requires some serious flushing before it will pass with anything else in the system. I once had a famous south Lousyanna participant with a spanking new drag pack Challenger that would not pass check even though the jug that it came from was "perfect"... what caused it was the unleaded the factory put in them so they could move the cars around the lots, (they don't do this anymore btw). They ended up pulling the whole fuel system out of the car and flushing it and all it's filters in C12.. made a bunch of pit scooter gas out of it. After the full wash/flush it would barely pass although every run it made it got better and at the next event the fuel in the car tested the same the fuel in the jug. ;-)
Jackie McCracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked