View Single Post
Old 12-24-2022, 12:28 PM   #55
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,040 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: 65-85 under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
It's about time that you woke up Barry! Probably dreaming about what NHRA is going to give you next.
Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year! See you in the spring!

Billy,
Just FYI, the unmodified 359 intake is worth, at best, 0.07 over a mediocre 163. We replaced a set of McDowell 291 cast iron heads with a set of Heintz 401 heads, both truly LEGAL, and the car slowed down about 0.08, and changing camshafts, etc, didn't help, the 10HP penalty on our car wasn't worth it. The 750 Quick Fuel is legal for everyone that uses a 750 Holley vacuum secondary carburetor. Now, our stuff was never "cheated up", it was always all dead legal. We didn't get any magic one off cams, either, still the original 0.520" lift since the engines were developed in 1965.

And last I looked, 2-3 years ago, the 396/375 aluminum head 69 Camaro was carrying at least 37HP above the factory rating for the "gifts", and has, for quite some time.

As far as it goes, it happens that it's a great combination, always has been. And the car itself is possibly the most popular pony car ever built, so, yeah, it has a massive amount of aftermarket support, including clone bodies.

Honestly, I'm cool with the dime rockets, and obscure cars, and hey, if you want to campaign a FWD that no one makes parts for, that's cool, too.

I'm just not seeing where those choices require the constant complaining about the 69 Camaro, which you never have to race heads up. Hell, I'm not even a huge fan of the 69 Camaro, my partner owns the car and he's the fan of them.

There are several reasons the car is parked, this crap is probably part of it. We're considering getting it out to play with it locally. Maybe. I love Stock, whining and all.