View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: 2013 CCRA Season

Before the CCRA was actually formed, notification went out here on class racer concerning forming a Stock/Super Stock racing association. The meeting was held in a central location which was Burlington, N.C. Only a handful of racers showed up to give their inputs and suggestions on how the association should be ran. The racers that attended that meeting agreed that it should be ran off of IHRA's rulebook so all classes could race. Since NHRA didn't allow crate motors and such. This class racing association, known as the Carolina Class Racers Association was born that day. The association was formed to give legal Stock and Super Stock racers an alternative place to race without the high cost and to keep class racing alive and not to have to worry about bracket racing. We have all built cars or bought cars to class race with, why would we want to dilute that by allowing bracket racing rules?
I would like to see, as well others that have expressed to me, the CCRA grow large enough that we could have class run offs, heads up runs and to have a tech person on sight at every race. We are not at that point yet, but we are a growing association that is getting new members and racers every year. The CCRA is doing this by keeping the integrity of class racing alive.

Please PM me or call me if you have any concerns and lets keep the CCRA class racer page friendly and upbeat. There are potential sponsors out there and the last thing we want to do is set the example of an association that is in disaray. We are not that type association and the CCRA racers are a "class" act,

Thank You
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355
SCOTT TILLEY is offline   Reply With Quote