View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,006 Times in 305 Posts
Smile Re: Mid Atlantic .90 Association - June 27th & 28th

In recent developments over the past week, Maryland has now re-opened most of the state. With this being said the June 27 & 28th event at Cecil County will be allowed spectators and I’m proud to say the July 11 & 12th Uncle Buck Pig Roast will happen. We are still asking though if you’ve been around someone who has had the virus and you haven’t properly quarantined yourself, your not feeling up to par or have ongoing medical issues to please stay home. We also ask if a fellow racer asks for you to have a mask or gloves on when talking with them to please adhere to their requests.

To help streamline some processes we have with the series, I’ve been working with Allison Doll of Port-A-Tree timing systems to come up with a program for the racers to get alerts to their phones. We have come up with a program to have messages sent to your phone with alerts about calls to the lanes, qualifying sheets and ladders. I feel this will help with getting to the lanes more efficiently and having some pairings already set by the time we roll into eliminations, this always seem to be the Achilles heal of the series. This way your not waiting for me to get back to the trailer with sheets, practicing social distancing and you can find your opponent and determine lane choice before getting to the lanes (I hope). I’ve inputted most of the phone numbers I have in my database to the program but, some of you gave home numbers or still have flip phones which will eliminate this function. In the future we’re hoping to have functions for tech cards and pre-entering the events if you choose. The first race may have some bugs but, we will get it straightened out as the season progresses.

Thanks once again for supporting the Mid Atlantic .90 Series! Rob Keister
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote