Thread: Swear Words
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 09:45 AM   #2
Henrys Toy

Liked 470 Times in 160 Posts
Default Re: Swear Words

Good morning John,
Myself, I've found those "words" to be used on a pretty daily occurrence. With me being an Instructor at NYCT I have to watch myself especially with a "mixed " audience. Yes we have to keep it clean, but like the times that you have brought up including slipping off a bolt, getting a piece of hot slag in your shoe while welding, well sometimes you have to just let it fly.
I had a young lady in one of my classes recently that while demonstrating the correct way torque a bolt on a rear axel that I slipped with the 5 foot torque wrench and used most of the 7 dirty words in various ways.
Needless to say when I caught myself, I looked at her ( and I'm sure my facial expression was "priceless") she thankfully assured me that as long as I wasn't swearing at her, she understood my outbreak.
I've also tried to curb my own Sons use of these "words" , recently mentioning to him that in the garage while the "girls" aren't around, a few slang words were OK , just try to keep it in check. Bad habits are the easiest to start and a real nightmare to stop.
So, your being human is perfectly acceptable, just keep it in check.
I really enjoy your posts John, so have a good day!
Henrys Toy is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked