Thread: Red Lights
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Cool Re: Red Lights

Bill,,,please let us know what works for you when you get it figured out. Believe me, theres lots of us out here trying to solve the same issue. I've got a '68 Nova with a 355/Glide combo that makes nowhere near the power you have,,but I'm redlighting way too much. I too have the Biondo Terminator button, with all the shims out by now, and have my front tires down to 25 lbs. for a bigger footprint, dropped my 2 step down to 3800 rpms and am just flickering the stage beam and still going .020-.050 red.
The idea of the Terminator button is to eliminate the "guessing" when the last yellow goes on,, meaning you should be able release the button as soon as you see the last flash of yellow light, but its not working for me. With the LED lights now in use, I thought we'd never have this problem.
Heck,,I'm 58 years old,,,I'm not supposed to have reflexes like this, and its driving me nuts. Its enough to make you start thinking about footbraking or buying a delay box! I haven't tried using a blinder yet, but I guess I'm going to have to try it.
Good luck,,,Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote