View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 09:08 PM   #70
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts
Default Re: 1955 Chevrolet Q/SA Build

Just got back from the Season ending Indy fall classic and had lot of fun with the 55 Q/SA .Love talking to the other racers who come up and tell me their 55 Chevy stories. Got to try out a lot of new parts and everyone of them lived up to expectations. The 55 is officially a legit Stocker now, as it went under the index for the first time, and even collected a couple win lights. Installed my Mark Yacavone built metric trans along with the new 8 inch convertor. First time run on saturday netted a 13.70 at 93 mph. Under the 13.80 index for the first time ,and a pick up of at least 15 hundreds from previous runs. Run felt great and for the first time the car didn't feel sluggish in the top of first gear. Pulled hard to the 2nd gear shift, and the 60 showed it as it improved by a tenth at 1.77. Next came the test I was really looking forward to as Dean Oliver fixed me up with a rebuild on one of my WCFB cores. I was telling everyone that if the carb performs as good as it looks I was going to be in for a treat. And I wasn't disappointed. The next run was just a 1/8 mile shot as I was entered in the bracket program to get a extra time run. New carb picked me up .08 in the eighth and one mph, and knocked 2 numbers off of the 60. Next run was the final Stocker time run and would be 1/4 mile. Car ran its best run yet at a 13.54 at 93mph. Cant believe how consistent the car is. The ets at the 1/8th for the last 6 runs after the carb change only ranged from 8.392 to 8.396! That was between 2 different days. Got to the 3rd round of the eliminator on some luck and should have won the 3rd if I had just left the dial alone. It was great to get the first win light for the car. Thanks to Deano for the quick service and the great carb, and to Mark Yacavone for the affordable metric trans. Will work on the motor over the winter, and looking to pick up the performance with some new heads.PS I wish someone could have gotten a picture of this. As I pulled out of the staging lanes and under the tower for my last time run all of the COPO and Factory Stock Camaros that were pitted on the east side pulled out at the same time.There I was surrounded by 8 to 10 of GMs newest and fastest muscle cars. Felt pretty out of place for sure. I stood a "roof" above them all though. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211017_190210_resized.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	60868  

Last edited by Lyn Smith; 10-19-2021 at 12:34 PM.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked