View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
gnicholson

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default new super street engine

Seeing how there isn't a lot of traffic on this site in this category anymore I figured I would ask a question get some opinions. I'm thinking about building a new engine for my 70 Chevelle super street car. Right now it has a 505 inch stock block big block Chevy that made about 860 horsepower on the dyno. So it's middle-of-the-pack horsepower wise. On a decent day it'll run 138 miles an hour or so on the stop. Because I would rather not fabricate new headers and change the combination a bunch by adding a ton of horsepower I was thinking a better option might be to build a 4.625 by 4 inch 532. It would have a little better piston speed than a 4 250 Stroke motor plus it would work with my 2.125 headers. I'm thinking maybe 50 or 75 more horsepower. Enough to give me a little more top speed without having to completely redo the combination as everything works pretty well right now. What do you guys think? Would you go something like this or just go ahead and build a 1200 horse 583 or something and start over basically?
gnicholson is offline   Reply With Quote