View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 09:33 PM   #2
BILL TAYLOR

Liked 186 Times in 57 Posts
Default Re: Wheel combo 69 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fite View Post
What back spacing on 8 inch rim will fit under 69 Camaro with 29x9 tire, stock width 12 bolt (with little or no "persuasion")?
With the price of wheels now days, don't really want to guess.
Just about every 12 bolt I've worked on had a slight offset with the spring pad location which made the use of a spacer on one side when using the 9inch tire width. I don't think it was done on purpose but maybe jig was worn out, keep in mind they were pumping out ' 69 Camaros like hambergers. I corrected that on mine because I didn't want to use a spacer. I run 15X10 wheels with 5" backspacing. The inner sidewall rubs just enough to rub the white letters off. I have a stick car and the 10" wheel gives a better footprint I believe, with not too much air in 'em. Hope this helps! P.S If I remember right it was Joe Demarzo who put me wise on the spacer, when he was running his '69 Camaro. He keeps very good notes on stuff so he may remember where the spacer went. PPS, Joe was nice enough to loan me wheels to try. Might not be a bad idea to find someone to do the same.

Last edited by BILL TAYLOR; 08-05-2020 at 09:38 PM. Reason: add PPS
BILL TAYLOR is offline   Reply With Quote