View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:02 AM   #12
Guy M. Price

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Dragrace Results ?

If you "guys" don't like me, just tell me to "go home" and I will react as fast as my bowels do when I eat too many pinto beans! I dance the "Mess" well! Just have to set still and let my bowels move! I won my first race 50 years ago at an NHRA "sanctioned event" in 1957 on an old air strip in southeastern Arizona--
no Goob, it wasn't part of Mexico then! This was after the Gadsden purchase!--where we used a flagman!
I still have the trophy with "C Stock" engraved on it! Since then I have raced Super Street and a lot of Bracket races! I prefer bracket racing because, at least where I live and race, you feel at home with all bracket racers but at S/ST races I get the feeling folks are looking down their noses at me as if to be saying: "We don't need no bracket racers here!" or "We are better than you!" Maybe it's just where I have raced Super Street events! Just don't have that feeling that I "fit in" with those who only 10.90 race! I enjoy running those fast dragsters trying to chase me down and with the advent of "Crosstalk" which I had petitioned for before it was ever announced! I have seen a lot of racers come and go and come back and go again! I have lived by the motto that was in the locker room of the old gym where I used to dress out for football (yea, 6-man football) and basketball and baseball when I was in high school! It said: " A winner never quits and quitter never wins!" I ain't no big time winner, but I sure ain't a quitter either! Will gladly stop by and offer my comments if I feel welcome! I am a big DRR fan because of all of the people I have met on there over the years. Those folks are very valuable to me and I would hate to see it go away as at my age you don't like to start things over again! I hope I have enough "class" to be welcomed on "Class Racer"!
Guy M. Price is offline   Reply With Quote