Thread: Musical Tastes
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #3
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 838 Times in 292 Posts
Default Re: Musical Tastes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
As requested in another thread here, I'll reply to what genre of music I listen to.

Let's do this first ..Post a video of the kind of music you listen to while in the shop, or driving to and from the races. Give us a bit of background about your choice, and whether it's changed, etc.
Let's do only one video per post, per day, and give people a chance to catch up.
Thanks

I'll go first.
Lately , I've been listening to my Pandora Americana station. (John Prine, Emmylou Harris, Old Crow Medicine Show, soundtrack from Oh Brother Where art Thou, etc.)
But, in the larger picture, this all stems from the Country Rock scene, starting in about 1968 with The Byrds, Sweetheart of the Rodeo album..The first country album by a major rock act. Then on to Poco, Acoustic Dead, Eagles, Linda Ronstadt , CSNY, Manassas, Michael Nesmith's First National Band, Firefall..recently the younger Alt-Country guys such as Son Volt, with a bit of rock , and a country twinge...

Here's The Bottle Rockets, from Indy...and they sound a bit like Crazy Horse to me..

Mark,
If we get back to live concerts someday, when these guys come to your area, go see them. We go every year, they pack every place they go, and they play the smaller venues. Its a awesome show. You wont be disappointed. Its like walking back in a 1980's album.....you can't beat it for 50 bucks