View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 04:07 PM   #14
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Crew Chief Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Crew Chief Spotlight

This week we travel to Wilson, NC; home of Mrs. Debbie Morgan. She is 67 years young & is the crew chief for her husband, Jim Morgan. She got involved in racing when she married Mr. Jim & has been crewing for him for 25 years now. Mrs. Debbie says that her most memorable win was Mr. Jim's Nostalgia race win at GALOT Motorsports Park in 2021 I do believe. She also says that GALOT Motorsports Park is her favorite track & she mentions their clean restrooms. Her crew chief duties includes making sure to keep her driver fed, making sure he drinks plenty of liquids, & assists with loading/unloading the trailer. Although loading/unloading the trailer is part of her duties, she mentions that it is her least favorite part of the job. Her driver's biggest complain is him stepping on the brake pedal too much &/or too soon. One of their funny stories involving racing is once the golf cart slide off the ramp. We probably need to get more details on this story as well.

You will find Mr. Jim & Mrs. Debbie racing with CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association, local NHRA Southeast Division 2 races, & some local Nostalgia races as well. They missed our first attempt of racing this year in March at Coastal Plains Raceway Park Dragway. I think I spied his car getting a new set of custom headers built a few weeks ago by Hippie Fabrication/Jaymes Rawlings. My hopes are that the car is ready for competition & we will see them at our now "first" race of the 2023 season at KDS Motorsports in a little over a week. See y'all at the track very soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dm2.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	67315  
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked