View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 06:30 PM   #4
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts
Default Re: Combined Grade Points of National Event Entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumple View Post
This does seem to be different from the way it was explained to me several years ago. I wanted to enter Stock at a race and was not paying attention to the entry dates and it filled before I could enter. But Super Stock was still open. I had 10 grade points in Stock and was told by my DD that I could use the points (6) to enter Super Stock and I would have 4 left for Stock. However, the catch was that I could only use those 6 points for Super Stock for the remainder of the season. I would call your DD and go over this with him.
There are very few scenarios where the category being entered at a national needs to match the category the grade points were earned in. You have 10 points in a single category and can't split those up to enter, say, two cars at Grade 5. Once you enter a car, you don't have any more grade points.

Or in the original post example, you have 12 points and you have 3 points. You can combine them to have 15 grade points for a single entry, but you can't make any other two-car combinations that total 15 other than the original 12 and 3, as they were earned.