View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #12
Topper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sox & Martin Superbird aka SuperChicken

Sorry, I wasn't very clear above...I've seen what he wrote on moparts, but it was very vague...no specifics, so I sent him a private message and emailed his aol account, but no reply, yet. I'm sure there's somebody out there that knows specifics about when/how it was destroyed, crushed, blown away, or whatever (heard them all). Better yet, I'd just love to be able to talk to folks that raced it, but there are no names after Sox and Martin sold it.

Your questions: Jack Werst's Mr 5&50 was supposedly similar to body in white...it's vin is on the NASCAR registry (sox car is probably on there also, but not identified yet), and it is believed that it was a 'modified' NASCAR bird, which means it was delivered w/o the vinyl roof and the plug seams would have been smoothed. I would think the S&M car would have come to them the same way.

Werst's was a hemi auto, S&M was a 440 4spd, but Chrysler Historical can't find records of any birds being made for NHRA/AHRA.

When I get back to the Norfolk area, I hope to take a weekend and go see Diann (sp) Sox to see if she's got anything that could help.