View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 12:30 PM   #4
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 655 Times in 255 Posts
Default Re: neutral safety switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63corvette View Post
Not trying to be a smart a-- but it is called a neutral safety switch not a park safety switch for a reason.
I was checked in tech at the Tuscon Division race the end of February and was asked to put the shifter in any gear and try to start it, then shift to neutral and start the engine and then the inspector at the back of the car killed the power from the back to see if that killed the engine. It has been several years since I have been checked like this this but it does happen every once and awhile.
The one inspector watched each shift closely to be sure I did what he asked.
I would think if you were ever checked in tech and you did not have the neutral safety switch working they may fail you.
I do know that there are some cars racing that do not have the safety switch operational and will start in any gear and have not been caught in Tech. I notice it in the staging lanes every once and awhile.
Just My Experience
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
Tech pushed main power to make sure car did not keep running. He may have asked to put in neutral, but putting in park and perfoming same procedure accomplishes the same result. Both of my cars are wired to only start in park and teched numerous times at Tucson and other tracks. Wildhorse in Chandler is about the toughest tech and no problems.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked