View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #13
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: 1973 Pontiac Firebird Formula 455-SD

Dan Fahey,, I have the complete SS&DI collection, as I'm sure many others on here do.
I'm also pretty sure many of us have extra copies that could fill in the holes in your collection, if you're wanting to do that,, heck, I've got 4 copies of the #1 Nov.'64 issue alone. Think about it, as your Classracer family can help you fill those boxes,,, and of course there are the swap meets and Ebay. My collection lingered up in the attic for about 30 years when I went and brought it out to look at, and realized I was only 28 issues away from having them all, as I bought occasionally off the magazine stands in the '60s and started my subscription in '74 until the end of the mag in May of '99. It took about a year and a half to pull it off, so it can be done. They're all nicely bagged and boxed nowadays.
Sorry for the momentary hijack, fellas,, I love the SD Firebirds too,, in fact the car in the photos does resemble Stock Eliminator champion Brad Burton's red Firebird, but I believe he runs a 400 combo.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote