View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 11:31 AM   #48
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya know, I feel like I have to add to my previous answer to this.
The vast majority of S/SS Racers in this day-and-age don't build their own stuff nor do they have any financial stake in the chassis and engine shops that are building their stuff so you're not doing this to further your own business interests. You can count on one hand the number of S/SS Racers who are actually still trying to make a living by S/SS Racing.
I have a bunch (not a whole bunch)of Wallys in a few different sizes and they finally got stuck in a closet because my "Sweetie" got tired of dusting them and I can't figure out how to cook and eat them.
When you go to an event, the first thing that you see is the number of motor homes and coaches in the pits(that don't come cheap) towing all different sizes and shapes of trailers (some of which don't come cheap) that are carrying anywhere from 1 to 4 or 5 racecars (most of which don't come cheap) all for a winners purse of less than $2,000!
Now if you're doing it for family time together then I think it's great. If you're doing it because you've retired and you want to see the country, go for it! It's a big, beautiful country out there. Unless there's one or two reasons that I've missed then you're doing this to feed your ego.
Ego: (noun) An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
Your consciousness of your own identity.

Personally I cant think of too many things that would feed my ego more than holding the Wally at the end of day. Unless I had to somehow cheat to do it. Then it would be meaningless.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked