View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #14
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What does it take to be be competitive in .90 racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3258 View Post
For those of us who do not know, how is S/G treated in D1? Different than S/C or S/ST?
In D1, SG is the last in the rotation of the classes...SST, Stk, SC, SS, SG...and then mixed in is Comp, TS, TD, Alcohol cars...So anytime there is a little slip in the schedule, SG is bumped...we are def the red-headed step child of D1, at both National and Divisional events...there have been plenty of times where SG was called way late at night, early in the am, missed all together, etc...and before anyone says so what...
Lets take SST or Stk for example...Time trial first every morning and the first round of competition in the morning...Time trial #2 at 1 or 2 ish, then all of a sudden first round 1 or 2 ish the next day...so its an advantage to have a time run at the same time of day as their competition round...
SG gets a time run at 4:00 pm then all of a sudden we get called for first round first thing in the am, when we havent had any runs in the am...no data...
Few years back at US 13 we got called for our 2nd time run of the day at 10 PM, after they had run a bracket race...wtf...

I understand that the schedule has unforseen issues (oil downs, weather etc) and that can mess things up..

That being said our Div directors are not willing to change the rotation up, so that we are not the only ones being crapped on...and they are also not willing to just stick to the schedule regardless of time/weather issues, because of the fact there might be some spectators in the stands that read an advertisement that listed a time for those classes to run...

So there are guys who should /could run SG instead of SST, they are not willing to put up with the crap of not being treated like the other classes and getting the runs in the same type of schedule everyone else is...

Like Bryan said, dont get me started...but just my .02 after running SG for 6 years in D1...