View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 08:40 AM   #8
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts
Default Re: Looking for 1970's statistics

I LOVE this thread !

It's where I found the link to all the NHRA nat event winners.

I love to go thru it & ID all the Pontiac powered winners I can. Since the thread is 10 years old, I assume the OP won't mind if I hijack it.

One I especially like is an all Pontiac(I think) final. I'm not absolutely sure. Arlen Vanke was the winner, & Bill Abraham was RU. I know that both guys drove other brands. But I THINK that for that race, Arlen was driving a Knafel Pontiac '66 GTO, & Bill was driving a Knafel '65 GTO. But, they had two '66 models. So, both cars could have been '66 models.

Does anybody know what car each guy was driving, in the '66 Spring Nats ?

http://www.nhra.net/50th/results.asp?mYear=1966

Also notice the Jr. Stock finalists at the World Finals race. I know Jay Hamilton raced at least 2 different '58 Pontiacs. Assume he drove one in this race. Bill Abraham was RU in that race, also. So, it MAY have been another All-Pontiac final. So, anybody know how to find out what car all these guys were driving in those 2 Stock finals ?

Hey, there were only 4 nat events that year. So, if both those were All-Pontiac finals, that means that half the nat events in '66 had All-Pontiac Jr. Stock finals, How cool is that, for a Pontiac Freek, like me !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - Take 2  .jpg
Views:	84
Size:	688.8 KB
ID:	60655   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 - '65 Knafel .jpg
Views:	82
Size:	600.2 KB
ID:	60656   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 - Jay Hamilton .jpg
Views:	83
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	60657  

Last edited by oldskool; 10-11-2021 at 09:14 AM.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote