View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #4852
LO23

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Looks awesome Clint
You may have trouble fitting stocker valve covers that clear the valve train without some modifying due spring diameter & installed height, etc. Thats whyI looked for a set of these factory stamped Nascar ones. Lots of people clearance by ballpeen but that wasn't the look I wanted with mine.

I see a can of Q16gas. Thats a very serious swirl of fuel!!!!!!!

I'm seeing a vacuum pump, and a bunch of other very serious go fast stuff on that thing.
What kind of intake is that? A Mopar Performance??
Stock Carbs?
Whats the jetting? I'm seeing 73 written in felt pen.

liteweight

Thank you! No worries, Tim is making a spacer/adapter for the valve covers, and if he can't make that work, I've grown rather fond of the black wrinkle aluminum ones shows in the photo anyway. But thanks for mentioning that potential issue.

The intake is an extensively modified MP piece. Lots of time in porting. Can't C&C that thing, unfortunately, but Tim really knows how to make the power, and he did that all by hand of course. I could sure make even more power with a sheet metal intake, but I really thought my car deserved at least a "pseudo factory" appearance, lol.

Carbs are Holley 770s but again, modified a good bit by Tim. Jetting is still being experimented with. I should have some final data in the next week or so.

Yeah, probably a good thing my shop is installing some wheelie bars...

:-)
LO23 is offline   Reply With Quote