View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 06:12 PM   #5
Tony Corley

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Manual Transmission for Stock Eliminator Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
I have also used Jerico DR4s, both in my bracket car, as well as my 85 Mustang 5.0, and currently have a G Force G101A in my bracket car. My Mustang was legal with either a 4 or a 5 speed, I never tried a 5 speed in the Mustang, as I already had the Jericos, and the cost of a new 5 speed was not in the budget. That said, I have to think a 5 speed should be quicker, as it allows for a closer drop between gears, especially with a 1rst gear ratio well in the 3.s . I never noticed any performance difference in my low 10 second bracket car between the Jerico DR4 and the G101A, the reason that I switched to the G Force was that getting replacement parts for the older Jericos was becoming problematic, as Jerico told me that my DR4 was "obsolete", and said that I needed to buy a new DR4-4. Being less than impressed with Jerico`s "customer service", I bought the G Force, and I really like it. That said, if Jerico hadn`t have turned their back on us DR4 owners, I likely never would have made the switch, although I have heard the Jerico did change their mind, and made replacement parts available again, but no idea if every part is available or not. I have been to the G Force facility in Pennsylvania a couple of times, and the operation is very impressive, plus the owner is also a drag racer.
Rory, Thanks for the reply. I have also ran both the DR4 and 101-A in a Mustang, and had good luck with both. We also have a local company whose transmissions seem to be getting good results in The Southeast Gassers, Hightower Transmissions, but I don’t think they do a 5 speed. Since I’m wanting to buy new, and buy once, I’ll more than likely just buy a 5 speed and be done.
Tony Corley is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked