Thread: 65-85 under.
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2022, 09:33 PM   #71
Mike McCandless

Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: 65-85 under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Morgan View Post
I think thats a good question as to how much new blood is coming into the sport. We have seen a few posts on new people and projects. We all know it is usually cheeper to buy a running combination. The truth be known many people dont have that much cash to dole out at once. Iam currently a friend build a car that will be class legal but will have a bracket motor in it to sort out the car and then move to super stock. I think 75% of the racers will not be affected by the new rules.
On the mopar side we have the joy of never having parts to purchase from the manufacture, which makes it 2x more difficult. There are solid combo's to run in various cars, but next to impossible to get any pieces. I can't speak to how things are on the Chevy or Ford side. When I posted my ad up for S/SS cars, got offered a lot of great advice, almost all combos that don't currently have parts available. The few that are out there are being hoarded by guys running those platforms as back ups, which I understand. It has been quite the challenge to put together 2 good cars over the winter that at least have a shot in a heads up run, but also be consistent for the eliminator. We will have next to zero time to test before racing, so that should be fun . If it was easy, everyone would do it, but that's not what S/SS is about.
Mike McCandless is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked