View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 09:01 AM   #17
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Re: Gun carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Rees View Post
No one is coming after OUR guns??? Let's evaluate 6 months from now after we have a look at the coming proposed legislation.

Does'nt matter to me. I have been carrying for 40 years being on the road during that time frame and will continue to do so. I was illegal as hell going thru Minnesnota and IIawacki on my way to and from the U S Nationals last year. Didn't care. At 75, what are you going to do to me? Disconnect the battery to my pacemaker???

It will be a cold day in hell when I will turn over my "sporting rifles, shotguns and pistols" or register them. If I have to add "felon" after my name, so be it!

I don't normally post when politics are involved. But decided to do so after a serious discussion with my youngest son, a Iraq and Afghanistan war veteran, about our constitutional rights. He and I will defend those with our life, if need be.

We, and you, Eddie, both swore to uphold the constitution when we signed up. And, I thank you for your service. You obviously served our country well, and have every right to be proud of it. You certianly have earned the right to express your opnion.

Curt Rees

Proud member of the NRA

Thank you for your kind words and yes I took an oath to defend the Constitution of this great nation and I take that seriously. I have previously posted about what I believe background checks should look for with regards to mental health. I just don't see any changes to the 2nd Amendment, the numbers are just not there, as you know it takes a 2/3 majority to change the Constitution. I just moved from an open carry state, with range laws and people do some really strange things i.e a woman carrying an AK-47 on her back shopping at Target in Carson City. I get a little confused as to who is the threat, me, the box boy, the checkers or this young lady. I just left the store, my military training has made this situation for me a little confusing, I don't want to be in a target rich environment. I have owned a gun or guns since I was 11 years old, having been raised on a ranch in Arizona, at the age of 12 I received an NRA safety certificate. I received no less than 80 hours a year for 24 years on just my service weapons and numerous hours on crew serve weapons. My weapons are purpose type weapons, I have no use for an AR15, M16, M4, M60, M2, M198, M777.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked