View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 04:03 PM   #18
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Stock & Super Stock Out, All Index Racing Starting 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Cuda View Post
I never understood why NHRA racers did not support IHRA Stock and Super Stock.

Some nice tracks with a reputation of treating racers well.
I tried to support them. Ran several races. Mostly small tracks I had never heard of. My IHRA HP was the factory rating, so I could run well over 100 lbs lighter. Much slower index. No AHFS, so I took the extra weight out to get a bye the first round. Was told, by an IHRA tech guy, to “bring gaskets next time”, after I qualified 1.5 under their index. “You NHRA guys just like to come to our races to just show off & try to make our racers look bad!”! Really? These small tracks did not appear to be terribly successful. Small rural tracks, that could not support big races anyway. IHRA made them pay their fee for getting to have one of their special races, before eliminations started. Car counts were so small, I wondered how they were going to pay up anyway. Same thing I saw at AHRA races. We had nine SS cars at one. I am not going to embarrass the track owner, by naming the track. I had tested their during winter a couple of times. Warmer down there, than here.
He asked me to hold the check for a week, before trying to cash it. A local race the next weekend would give him enough to make it good. Several local friends knew about it.
It never would clear, so I tossed it. Did not badger the gentleman about it. Decided I had enough IHRA. Being accused of cheating was not flattering, either. Glad they went belly up.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 01-28-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked