View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 10:24 AM   #10
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Racer Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Racer Spotlight:

This week we travel down to Youngsville, NC & spotlight Mike Pozzi. Mike is 40 years young & has only been racing for 4 short years. Mike moved to NC on New Years Eve 2009 after living in Rochester, NY. He came to spend a weekend with his brother Brent & decided he liked NC & wanted to call it home. You will find him driving his 1983 Chevrolet Camaro aka Silver Mullet powered by a SBC 327 CI built by Robbie Draughon Powertrain Development on most weekends. When it isn't available, he just goes in his brother, Brent's garage, & picks one of his since he has multiple. ("Mike, go get the back-up car out of the trailer") �� Mike's sponsor is Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings.

He says his most memorable win is TBD. All I can say is I hope that I'm there for his first win because it's definitely going to be one for the books! His accomplishment is getting faster every year. He would like to give Special Thanks to Leigh Anne & Tabitha (aww thanks Mike)! He recalls his most epic fail: redlighting to Doug Hobgood in the only finals he has been in thus far. Your day is coming brother!!! He says something funny is "how I drive a racecar". Mike didn't enter the CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association points in 2021 & really wishes that he did as he was at most the races. This year he didn't make that same mistake.
Mike & The entire Pozzi family are a joy to be around at the track. The brothers are oil & water & could have their own reality show. Mike wants to know all the technical aspects of racing & Brent on the other hand just wants to know who his next victim is. �� Be sure to stop by Mike's pit area at the next race & say hey. I promise there is lots of laughter to be had!

Our next day is less than a month away at KDS Motorsports so y'all get those hot rods ready. See y'all at the track soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mp2.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	62628   Click image for larger version

Name:	mp1.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	62629   Click image for larger version

Name:	mp3.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	453.5 KB
ID:	62630  

Last edited by Tabitha Draughon; 05-05-2022 at 10:31 AM.
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked