View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 10:26 AM   #5
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts
Cool Re: What companies are you willing to bail out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
With all the talk about bail out money for large corporations what do you think? I'm all in favor about bail out money for companies that are vital in keeping are country going. But I do believe any company that receives free bail out money should not have anyone on their payroll that makes more than 250,000 this year. You want to see some crazy numbers take a look at what the CEO's of the major Airlines make. It will shock you. I'm sorry I don't want to see my tax money given to a company that the CEO's make millions. BP

Delta's top ten make from 2 mil to 14 mil.
I don't have any issue loaning $ to corporations provided that they are under the same terms and condititions that we as small business owners are gifted with........and something that easily could be done to ensure that the $ was really needed, and not just wanted.

Officers get to PG(personally guarantee for those that aren't familiar with the ways of the sub 25 million dollar company world) Additional security in the form of a mortgage on their real property...........I think that an amount equal to 5 times last years compensation(in all form, pay, stock, benefits) should be enough to focus them and keep them focused.

So if you are Delta, and you really, really think you need the loan, and have exhausted all of the other forms of $, as the CEO, you'd be looking at a what 70 million dollar PG and lien. That should keep them focused and get that loan repaid ASAP. Default and the IRS will repo that fine country estate.......

Also, to be fair, and perhaps now is the time, CEO's shouldn't be earning more that 10X the lowest paid employee.

Off my soapbox, and back to trying to find small businesses that I understand, can justify the investment in and can aquire at a non-stomach churning price! If that might be yours, PM me.

Eric

Last edited by Eric Merryfield; 03-24-2020 at 10:27 AM. Reason: other thought
Eric Merryfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked