View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 02:00 PM   #28
carbuilder

Liked 19 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Calvert split mono leaf springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Racing View Post
Anybody use the Calvert Split mono leaf springs? How much better are they than stock? What are the advantages? thanks
From my 40 plus years of preparing many record holding leaf sprung cars, A spring is a spring,all it does is hold up the car,,,wanna change ride height ? a simple and very cheap easy way is re arc spring,,,why buy and buy when you dont have to??? As far as the spring rate,,,,take a twenty foot long piece of tubing, and support at each end with a jack stand,,,now push down in the middle you will have plenty of spring to it,,,,now cut it and half and do the same thing,,,you will not have the spring anymore because of its length,,,,now when you split a mono leaf,,,you do EXACTLY the same thing. Leaf spring cars with a traction device love the soft spring,,,,shock adjustments respond better and so do tire pressure changes.As far as advantages,,,, I see none,,,only disadvantages

If spending money that is not needed makes one happy,,,go ahead and buy the expensive stuff if that makes life easier,,,, but I can tell you from experience its not needed.

As I said earlier,Keener doesnt use them,and he pretty much can buy what he wants,,,but he has a STOCK spring for a reason,,,and his cars are as fast as they get he has those for a reason
carbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote