View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 02:42 PM   #27
Lee Jordan (3223) A/S

Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Calvert split mono leaf springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuilder View Post
so,one would surmise that if you removed the front half the rear would hold up the car ???? you may want to re think that,,,I have looked very closely at Keeners cars,,,,as well as Ficacchi"s,,,,and they use stock springs,,,which ARE a lighter spring rate than a split mono,period Show me a car that works as well as they do,,,,on a consistent level and maybe you can change my mind, The last time I was at Eaton spring in Detroit,,, I saw some split monos they said were for Calvert ????
Of course the back half of the spring wouldn't hold the car up by itself unless it was crazy stiff. You know that is not what I mean by that statement. As far as suspension for a leaf spring car that is essentially all the rear half is doing. The real tuning is in the front of the spring.

There are many manufacturers of custom strings that are multi or mono leaf that do the same thing. I just like the Calverts because you have more adjustability. Want to change the ride height, buy the rear half. Change the "Hit" for an auto or stick car, buy the front half for that. I am not saying your wrong, just that Calverts are better. Little harder to change the whole spring vs. the front half. Other custom springs may be cheaper, I don't know the pricing differences. A tuned system is usually better when all of the components are used together.