View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 07:51 PM   #3
rboyle

Liked 554 Times in 156 Posts
Default Re: 307 Olds Stocker Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Jordan (3223) A/S View Post
OK, my uncle, Jim Jordan and I are gonna run the Oldsmobile stocker again. I need some help with the motor and some other "upgrades" for the car. The car is Al Provosts old R/SA wagon. Its dressed in 1984 trim with a hydraulic 307, auto Turbo 350 trans and the car is made of lead best I can tell. lol

First off, I'm getting the heads done. Nothing tricky or on the edge but what is "allowed" as far as valve angles, springs, lifters, and rockers? I understand most things that were never allowed before either are legal or just not looked at. Like solid lifters in a hydraulic motor... Roller rockers, etc. Still uses the original fuel tank and has the stock interior.
Now I'm not asking for everyone's speed secrets but I want to be able to run under the index and at least make a good showing to get us started.

What about radiators and cooling? Can I run whatever radiator I want just so its the same size and design?

Any pointers are appreciated. This car hasn't made a pass in 15+ years. I am sure there are a ton of things I can do to get it competitive in R/SA.

Thanks for any and all opinions in advance.

Lee Jordan...
As for radiator, yes any kind as long as it looks stock. Aluminum is fine, bigger is better most likely. Solid lifters are allowed in place of hydraulics, stock lift cam but any duration, springs Pac beehive style seem to be the most popular for most cars. Roller rockers are good too.
rboyle is offline   Reply With Quote