View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 11:48 AM   #1
fred goodwin

Liked 33 Times in 10 Posts
Default what stock combo is worse (or better) 1969 250-6 or 307 v8

So I had a brain storm ! after reading Billy's budget stocker post last summer, it got me thinking, I have a 69 Camaro streetcar 12 bolt, 4 speed, better axles, slap bars drive shaft loop you know the usual hot rod stuff! but it does not have a roll bar ( I don't want one either) and is by no means a race car! if it had a bar it would open many other possibilities.! anyway, what are your thoughts on this plan! I have a complete 307 carb to pan (I've read this motor combo is very under carbed) and I know of a cheap 250 6 cylinder for sale! what are the chances of putting together one of these 2 motors to build an index running combo on the cheap! (like some machine work,a cam ,good valves and a stocker valve job) not looking to run way under the index! I have plenty of chevy v8 transmissions, converters, shifters ,headers, lite weight race wheels and that kind of stuff laying around , I know Billy has run both these combos in his nova and I hope he chimes in! thanks ....................fred
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	69074  

Last edited by fred goodwin; 12-10-2023 at 01:06 PM.
fred goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked