View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 12:20 PM   #8
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Crew Chief Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Crew Chief Spotlight

This week I'm going to do it a tad bit different & showcase two crew chiefs at the same time. Although they don't need any introduction, let me present to you "The Pozzi Family"! Mr. Al & Mrs. Theresa is the head crew chiefs for their 2 sons, Mike & Brent. They relocated to NC years ago from New York after both sons had decided to move here. Mr. Al just involved in racing because "I'm old, its what we did" & Mrs. Theresa blames it on her husband Al. Although we don't get to see Mr. Al & Mrs. Theresa at the races as much the last few years as we wished, they are still at home cheering on the boys, watching live feeds when available, & I try to keep Mrs. Theresa up-to-date on race activities & memorable pics. Mr. Al had surgery for cancer Thanksgiving 2020 & has been in remission since then. There is a small tumor back but the good news is it isn't spreading & he has an upcoming scan in a few weeks so prayers for a clean scan. Mr. Al used to race back in NY & both of his boys got bitten by the racing bug as well. Their most memorable win was Brent first win at GALOT Motorsports Park & Mike is still waiting on his first trip to the winner's circle. Hopefully both parents came be at that race when it happens as well. Both of them list GALOT Motorsports Park as their favorite track. Mr. Al's duties as crew chief is technical advisor & Mrs. Theresa's is keeping the boys (and friends) food in Brent's toter & babysitting both of her Great Dane doggie grandsons, Bane & Hemi. You'll be able to tell that the boys filled out these forms for their parents by some of the hilarious answers. Mr. Al's least favorite job as crew chief is moving out of my chair & Mrs. Theresa's is watching her sons lose. Both boys get criticism when they turn on that awful 🔴 bulb, Mike doesn't like losing, & Brent is always complaining about being too hot. Mr. Al's funny story goes back to 1988 in Sicero in Syracuse, NY when he last raced; ironically was running Brent's now SS/FA Camaro. The ignition coil went out mid track & he had to be towed off the track. Brent returned this car to action in 2018 & has turned on many round wins since then. Mrs. Theresa says that every race is funny because my sons still don't know how to race yet & are still learning.

The Pozzi Family is one of the funniest families to be around at the track. The boys can go from loving one another to hating one another in 1.1 seconds & their arguments are always EPIC. Poor Brent didn't get any mechanical abilities from his dad or brother but he always knows the right people to call to the rescue when he needs help (Love you big, little brother). Mike is hands on & wanting to learn new stuff all the time. I'm not sure which parent Brent got his obsession for 69 Camaros from but none are safe within driving distance & under 6K. On most weekends, you can find the family in Brent's "chassis shop" at his house tinkering on one of their many cars. MA, as I refer to Mrs. Theresa, makes one of the best Oreo desserts ever made & she looks after me at our get togethers with my own special tray. The Pozzi Family runs with the CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association, NHRA Southeast Division 2 division races, & some local NHRA national events. You will find both boys in competition this weekend at the NMCA race at Rockingham Dragway if the weather holds off & at the NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at zMAX DRAGWAY in a few weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pozzi1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	66690  
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked