View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 05:18 PM   #5
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Crew Chief Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Crew Chief Spotlight

This week we're going to take a ride to Wytheville, VA, home of Mrs. Sara Carty, crew chief for her husband Homer. She got involved in racing after meeting Homer & has been crewing for him for about 11 years now. If anyone knows Homer, they know how busy he keeps his crew chief because he attempts to race every class (that he is allowed &#129315 as he'd try to race junior dragster if he could. Sara recalls her favorite win with Homer was his IHRA Stock Eliminator win at Farmington Dragway without even making a time run. Unlike the past few weeks with our crew chiefs choosing GALOT Motorsports Park as their favorite track, Sara says she's not real sure she has one. Sara is a mom at the track first but when she is taking care of her girls, Sierra & Gracie aka Meanie, her crew chief roles include checking tire pressures & assisting in the water box. Although Sara didn't necessarily least her least favorite job being a crew chief for Homer, I'd have to say it is probably loading up. If you know Homer, he carries half his racing shop in the trailer with him with his 2 race cars & golf cart. Sara states that Homer's biggest complaint racing is when he is has breakage. The funny story that Sara wants to share about racing is one weekend when they were racing at GALOT Motorsports Park, Mark "The Kid" Jones (Mike to Gracie) was babysitting these two feisty girls while they were running. While he was looking after the girls, Grace decided to use some of her WWE moves and beat him up. She whipped him with her 20 lb elbow drop. Anyone who knows Mark, knows the fun he has with these 2 girls.

I talked to Homer last evening & got word that Sara & the girls won't be making the trip to Coastal Plains Raceway Park Dragway this weekend for our season opener as the girls need to be ready for school on Monday morning but when you see Sara at the next race, make notice of all she takes care of in the Carty pits. I'll also share that she is one hell of a cook. BTW Sara, I need some peppers please!!!! We kick off our 23 season in a few short days so we are looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sc1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	66587  
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked