View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 04:36 AM   #113
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: “Live” from Rockingham LODRS 2019

I had never been to Rockingham. I had adjusted shocks and clutch prior to going there for the test session and it worked well. I had my best 60 foot times and ets. My 60 foot times did not vary more than a hundredth. I was stupid and didn’t adjust my clutch pedal for rollout until it was too late. It was different and definitely looser.

Now I have a big tire LT1 combo so it is easier to hook than a 800 hp small tire radial deal, but there are times in the summer where I really have to adjust in the heat to hook and the automatic racers don’t seem to have a problem. I guess some cars are a little more sensitive than others with Radials and lots of power, converter and gear. I am sure they can be adjusted as well.

That being said, I watched some cars spin that should never spin. Looked like the starting line crew was working the line, but they seemed to spray a lot maybe too much on the line so it might have made things worse at times. The water box was pretty bad. Sometimes no water and sometimes messy. Now some of that could be avoided if the guys wouldn’t go too fast through the puddle and drag water ten feet past the box. That being said, the track crew should watch for that.

All in all, the track location, facility and surface is more than workable. I am sure with some oversight and coaching the starting line can improve. There are ways to adjust race cars as noted. Maybe bias ply tires aren’t so bad after all. I couldn’t run Radials either. LOL

Last edited by james schaechter; 10-25-2019 at 04:38 AM.
james schaechter is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked