View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 12:44 PM   #30
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 655 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Racer Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Racer Spotlight:

This week our road trip carries us up Interstate 95S to Rowland, NC; home of Mr. Joseph Strickland. He is one of our youngest racers in the CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association as he's only 22 years young. He has only been racing 5 years but has already found the Winner's Circle in that short time. Joseph took over the driving duties of his dad's 1992 Chevrolet Camaro aka Big Bertha. Big Bertha is powered by a SBC 305 CI engine built by fellow CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association racer Robbie Draughon/Robbie Draughon Powertrain Development. His sponsor is Strickland Motorsports (dad &#129315! Joseph would like to give "Special Thanks" to his father, Marvin, his engine builder Robbie Draughon Powertrain Development, & The Riner Family. His most memorable win was his CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association win at GALOT Motorsports Park in 2021 (pic attached). When Joseph was asked about his accomplishments, his response was "none, I'm a wannabe". Well Joseph you might think that but I can tell you that you are improving each time you go down the track & your fellow racer better take notice as more wins are coming your way. His most epic fail in racing came earlier this year at the NHRA Southeast Division 2 race at Silver Dollar Motorsports Park when he broke out 4-hund after taking a tenth in the semi-finals. Boy I bet the crew chief let him hold it for that mistake!!! 😉 As far as something funny for Joseph, his said his dad thinks he needs to remove his imaginary neck brace & drive the dang stripe better. Hence, the above mistake. OOPS!!! You will find Joseph & the Strickland Motorsports Camaro competing in CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association, NHRA Southeast Division 2, & NHRA national events close to home.

Joseph is one fine young man & I know his parents/family are proud of the young man he is becoming. He will be graduating in May 2023 from UNC Charlotte with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. I have personally watched him grow up into the young man he is today & it's been a true honor. Joseph doesn't mind helping anyone if he can offer a hand in getting a fellow racer back racing or in a situation where he can learn something from it. Be sure to look for Joseph racing with the CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association at our season finale in November at Coastal Plains Raceway Park Dragway.

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association is off for the next two months but our racers will be busy competing in numerous upcoming events & we wish them success both on & off the race track. Coming up this weekend is the NHRA national event at zMAX DRAGWAY, then next weekend we will finish off the month of September with the NHRA Northeast Division at Virginia Motorsports Park. NHRA Southeast Division 2 will finish off it's 2022 season in October at Orlando Speed World Dragway. See y'all at the track!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js3.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	64984   Click image for larger version

Name:	js2.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	64985   Click image for larger version

Name:	js1.jpg
Views:	156