View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #27
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: The death of bracket racing........

Dick: the biggest issue I see with todays SS racing is the fact tht unless you have a high $$$ converted FWD car you get crap.. I have a Mustang that we run S/ST with car was intended to run SS but I cant use the tubular front end in SS, kida suks because IF I had built a Probe or any other FWD conversion car, I could have the best, lightest strut setup money could buy.. thus the rules are what is making it hard on some of us who want to run class, but simply cannot afford to build 80k racecars...

I agree you should only race within your means... I am most likely one of the few in our area who still build my own cars, engines and whatever else I can do to save a few $$$ so I can race a beter piece..

I would love to see NHRA/IHRA.. anyone come out with a heads up type class like class racing used to be in the mid-late 80's.. very strict rules, no one car clearly had an advantage... almost like the NMRA/NMCA have done with some of thier classes.. all heads up.. the one who can figure out the setup wins..

I used to race with a guy from Jersey, ran a SS/FM camaro, had more fun running that car, working on it almost every week to try to find a .002 somewhere.. went to the nationals he won class several others there. that was fun.. I ran Comp. for a brief time A/EA.. till they allowed the use of the Pontiac/Buick aluminum heads.. I could only muster a .2 under with a great set of steel heads, but everyone was about the same.. then all of a sudden the aluminum heads were .8 faster then the index got lowered..

I know we have to evolve as racers with todays technology.. but it seems to me that the powers to be dont allways allow the technology where it is needed.. ie. tubular front suspensions.. alot stronger, and safer than OEM parts..you would then have alot more crossover racers..
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote