View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #23
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: The death of bracket racing........

Jrace,
It is common to see people post without their real name. Many have nothing constructive to add to the discussion and just want to see their Fake name in print. You were successful in doing that much. The other thing you do is try to create an "us versus them" attitude. Most will laugh at that. I do....
Drag Racing has been a major part of my life entertainment and challenges. I agree if you cannot afford to race, dont miss your payments. There is no money to be won, unless you excell in class or win elim or Bracket meet. Probably less than 5% of racers win money.
In class racing as it started it was important to sponsors, racers and spectators. Thats what created the prize money. In bracket racing only the guy driving is interested in the race, Thus no money. If you help recreate the interest of those who dont actually have money or skill to race a car, there can be a return of money for the racer. Nascar isnt for ALL people who want to drive, its for those who can afford it and the rest PAY to see it and the sponsors PAY to be seen. None of the cars has a box or breakout.
NHRA needs to recognize the difference between the participant racing of Bracket racing and the real need for Spectator and Sponsor attraction of Class Racing and "work" that difference for the good of real Class racers in S and SS so it can become important again. Not everyone will be able to participate but everyone can appreciate it and race at their level they afford.
Thanks....
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote