View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #21
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Thumbs up Re: The death of bracket racing........

Louis, Thanks for your comments. Now people have to realize that there is life after Bracket racing for them . Just think what fun it can be to run in front of a crowd. get mini rewards mentally for gaining on your competition week after week by just tuning your car adjusting something.
Small gains can be their own reward. I had a GT/AA Camaro which started out running 10 sec area. Every week we ran I adjusted one thing at least. I used other cars as a gauge. In my case my daughters car. She gained .02 by weather I gained .05 meant a reward. I had learned something. I had accomplished something. When I sold the car it was capable of 9.42 143.50 at INDY. I have a nice collection of class trophies I EARNED by beating the "best" in the country at the same track. Great Rewards.... Now if we can reduce all Class racing to 5 classes of Heads up like your track imagine using the small rewards of gaining on the top dogs each week and the fun of running with SPECTATORS to appreciate your work.... Thanks Dick Butler
Come watch TOP/STK or TOP/SS at our meets. IT is a start in that direction...The other racers come up to watch "Time trials" never mind the actual racing. That confirms your thoughts too.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote