View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 05:37 PM   #3
TBear5033

Liked 83 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Weather Station Selection (Help!)

I use a trailer based system - started with Altronics since that came with the trailer and subsequently switched to an AltaLab after playing with one. I found it more accurate and easier to use. I also use CrewChief Pro which takes the readings from the AltaLab every 15 secs to calculate a dial in based on what runs I select to dial off of. I also have it set up to text/email me the prediction. I'm a fan of this approach for a couple of reasons - 1 I don't have to manually calculate an estimated dial in anymore leaving me time to do other things (I race by myself) and 2 when I'm up in the staging lanes and there's a delay (like an oil down) or it's early/late in the day and the weather is changing quickly I can get updated info.

This doesn't replace the gut feel element, particularly if you're pitted a long way from the track or there are obstacles that impeded the station's readings (mostly wind).

It takes me about 3 minutes to set up when I get to the track, so it's not a big deal. It's an essential part of racing for me.

Good luck!
TBear5033 is offline   Reply With Quote