View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 10:46 AM   #28
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDA Hemi View Post
James, reread Spy's post above. He IS updating to R$P as will others. Get ready as soon as they show its worth something besides safety..... Keeping up with the Joneses or eat their dust......

Dan as I stated in my first post, my buddy runs a '60 corvette in modified and has to run stock steering and "safety"?!! More like "antiquated"!! Modified I could see allowing a Rack as others. SS/AH is like the Thunderbolts and RO51 cars, built specifically for Super Stock and traditional SS is massaged as was built from factory.

The SS/AH players at the front has changed significantly since 2009. More left than returned and did they leave due to a safety issue over the steering box or linkage? Or ? Many competitive SS/AH cars just parked, some for sale some.... getting antiquated over R&D hp developments or now R$P updates.....

What is the real safety issue here, fear of broken steering box or centerlink through oil pan. I addressed the weak box issue, if its centerlink through oil pan everyone with that application should be fearful and needs this update.

If this rule change was along the lines of SS racing I could stomach it. The days of "everyone gets a trophy" are not acceptable to me. Changing ball on green, Rack and pinion, Hell, lets rewrite the 10 commandments and let me have some fun with the neighbors model wife while we're at it......
Bubski would like to say Bravo !! A man that makes sense !! Bubski would also like to say first and foremost !! Make it illegal to grind , butcher , whatever to your STEERING BOX its a critical component of your vehicle for yours and everyone else's safety !! Don't treat it like your Stocker heads and intake !! leave it the way it was designed and brace it accordingly !! If the thought of ultimate center link failure still haunts you !! Maybe you can install a steel tube in the pan to protect it !! Bubski's thinking most OEM center links are tougher than the hinges of Hell ,and the rods if they do exit the block come out along the length of it not perpendicular to it so as to cut it in half !! Lots of SS cars have center links thru pans and Bubski can't ever recall a steering failure due to engine breakage in the past !! Bubski's sure if it happened in the past this topic would've already been on Class Racer asking for a change for that combo !! Isn't it just good common sense and financially sound to leave the steering unmodified as produced and just go racing ?? Cheers !!
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked